Saturday, October 9, 2010

Horses, Horses, Horses

Kat, 

I like that you raised the cultural monstrocity of Sarah Jessica Parker. Have you seen SATC 2? It is probably the most offensive thing I have ever seen on the big screen, and, y'know, I've got a sense of humour and all. Could've been ironic. Totally wasn't.

They were banned from filming it in Abu Dhabi so preceeded to shoot in Morocco and systematically destroy every cultural sensibility held by the people of said nations. The wearing / not wearing / wearing designer-clothes-underneath their burka's was a particularly sacriligous moment, as was Miranda and Charlotte having a conversation about how impossible it would be to raise children without nannies and cooks. 

Horrendous. All I wanted to see was sweet New York jaunts and the occasional-envy worthy outfits (read: the reasons I watch Gossip Girl). What I ended up seeing was the reason why (and this was only further pronounced by the fact that a bunch of forty year old women up the back clapped at the end of the screening) females get a stereotypical wrap for being ridiculous. 

On a lighter note, this website was shown to me some time ago, and has kept me entertained everytime I'm feeling depressed about the State of popular culture and it's ability to raise these people to God-like status. Introducing, SJP as a horse:









No comments:

Post a Comment