Thursday, October 28, 2010

Seen and not heard, maybe?

Kat says ...

OK, so sure she is a vapid blonde who apparently often gets dressed in the dark/as a dare. But hey, I never said I was interested in marrying her. Hell, I don’t even have the energy to like her on facebook. What I’m trying to say is, I’d be more likely to be the one swiping the specs right off Franzen’s face than loitering around the set of Gossip Girl in New York to ask Blake Lively why she hasn’t posted me a thank you card for all those eyelashes I sent her.

I think I’m allowed to have a soft spot for a good looking woman. Am I not entitled to the odd crush based purely on looks, free of morality and logic? There, I said it. And I’ll say it again in my gruffest, vehemently anti-feminist, woman-objectifying voice ‘I like the way she is put together.’

I wouldn’t want to pull a Mad Men-esque January Jones on her, mind. Despite how good her meatloaf (not a euphemism) and old fashioned cocktail making skills might be, I agree, I think I would pull off my own ears if I had to come home to Mrs Blake Lively – Patrick after a long day in the office.

She is the kind of woman I’d like to have at my disposal for say, a school reunion. Yes, that’s right I would like to have her on my arm as I sipped lukewarm, souring white wine and engaged in the most awkward of all social situations – trying to prove major progression since early adolescence. And trust me, going lesbian post All Girls Boarding School guarantees a tough crowd. Anyway if she attempted too much of that annoying ‘talking’ women are so very fond of, I would simply banish her to the Porsche I’d rented for the occasion.

I do recognise how incongruous it is that as I construct this argument, I am most certainly coming across as rather vapid myself. Courtney, please don’t write your next blog about me. I swear I would never have shopped at supre (ahem) in 2003, nor would I ever glue a dog to my tinfoil dress (this in itself would be challenge, as my dog is a rather large and impatient spaniel.) And while I know my accent can be grating, I promise I'll never spit my C-Hs.

In fact, just like your Blakehatepost, I’m turning this into a cathartic process; I’m getting all my embarrassing crushes out the way. So the most significant and perhaps crucial in my journey out of the closet would have to be Maura Tierney (Abby Lockhart from ER.) I have also been known to admire Jennifer Beals – not in Flash Dance but in the L-word (flashy lesbian televised drama for those not in the know.) Actually I pretty much fancied everyone in the L-Word, just because they, like the cast of Friends, drank coffee together, were babes and pashed each other. I liked the gal from Grey’s Anatomy – Callie Torres I think she was called. I also have an enormous thing for Tina Fey. Less embarrassing, but while on a roll, I’ll confess that my dream girl would have to be Marion Cotillard. Julianne Moore in close second. Oh and of course Joan from Mad Men. Who could resist that sashay?

While on the subject, I’d like to point out that Julianne Moore (note - top 3 babe) is in a film called The Kids Are All Right. I’ve already heard great things about it from those lucky enough to have seen it and I’m pretty excited to see it myself.

Hey, the modern family is fine by me. And don’t panic, I don’t envisage Nate being any sort of donor for the family I (do not, for the record) intend to begin with Blake.

No comments:

Post a Comment