Tuesday, October 12, 2010

A horse is not a home

To avoid confusion, we’ve decided to obnoxiously announce our posts. So:

Kat says…

Models and fashion are generally somewhat beyond me, unfortunately. It’s tough to be critical of an industry that innately must combine so many terrifying elements to succeed (money, not gaining weight, not getting old.) Besides I don’t think I’m entitled to much of an opinion as I wear man-shirts, make others feel uneasy when I walk in heels, wear cycling shorts (with aforementioned man-shirts) in the summer and own a pair of tie-dye trousers that could only be described as what MC Hammer might have thrown on when nipping out to buy milk on a Sunday, or if he’d become a hippie. Which is definitely a possibility considering his financial ruin. He’s probably in a sect somewhere odd, drinking organic carrot juice with Annie Leibovitz.

In tandem with the disturbingly accidental philosophical enquiry into perfection (as is so consistently well articulated by the fashion industry) Darren Aronofsky’s Black Swan is currently debuting around the globe. Set in the world of the New York ballet, it sees Natalie Portman’s character worked psychologically loose by the pressures of her art. Plus (slight spoiler alert) at one point she makes out with Mila Kunis, so you know, I’m excited. The trailer looks superb. I’m pretty sure the film will make it to NZ cinemas in at least 3 years, so nothing like generating a long term buzz. Thanks youtube.



In response to your earlier post - the idea of Daniel Radcliffe anywhere near a horse (even if the horse in question had recently replaced SJP on Sex and the City and acquired some sort of celebrity status) makes me a little queasy. Although such a statement would infer that I might be comfortable with somebody else, other than Daniel Radcliffe, getting up close and personal with a horse. Which, I would like to clarify, I am not. I’m now starting to sound like Bill Clinton. So for the sake of not digging my own grave, I’ll happily move on.

I say move on, but actually the idea of famous horse just triggered a memory. Last year I watched a bizarre animated Belgian film with the very modern name of A Town Called Panic, in which a horse is the central character. While it is really quite long and not particularly ground breaking it does keep you pleasantly entertained. I’m not helping my case much but it a favourite scene is the one featuring a horse-falling-love-wearing-a-scarf. With, ahem, another horse. I’d like to make that very clear.

No comments:

Post a Comment